Date:      Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:30:41 -0400
From:      "Martin Gignac" <m_gignac@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   /stand/sysinstall, packages, CDROM and 4.1.1 problem...

Hi,

I installed FreeBSD 4.1 on a system and used to be able to install packages
from CD using /stand/sysinstall without any problems.

But ever since I've upgraded sources and made world to 4.1.1-STABLE on Oct.
12th, I get the foloowing error in /stand/sysinstall whenever I try to
install packages from the FreeBSD CD-ROMs:

Error mounting /dev/acd0c on /dist: Input/output error (5)

cd0: READ_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=21 ascq=00 error=04

If I simply mount the CD to /cdrom and use pkg_add, I can install stuff no
problem. So this is not a critical problem by any means. I'm just curious as
to why this is happening.

My CD-ROM drive is just a plain Creative Labs 24X IDE unit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Martin