Date:      Thu, 26 Apr 2001 12:07:42 -0700
From:      Flemming =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fr=F8kj=E6r?= <flemming@froekjaer.org>
To:        <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server Configuration

At 09:09 AM 4/26/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Here's what I was thinking:
>Abit KT7 Motherboard with Duron 750, 128MB PC100
>  $199.00
>ATX 300w PS case $49
>104 key keyboard
>IBM 15GB IDE ATA100 hard drive.
>1.44MB floppy.

Why a floppy? Do you need it?

>56X CDROM
>Link-sys 10/100 PCI Ethernet adapter.
I think most Link-sys PCI cards are
>Haven't decided on a video card.

If you are not running X, anything should work.

>Also, I need to get a backup tape drive for ~$300.
>The FAQ says any SCSI tape, etc.  But surely we
>have some practical advice on brand/model.

I have used DDS2, DDS3 and DLT.
None of them gave me any problems.
I don't remember what the brands have been, but I know that one DDS2 is a
quantum, and so is the DLT.

>I have the FreeBSD 4.0-release CD Set, and plan to
>use it.
Why not get the latest 4.3 Release. You can install over the net, or
download the ISO, and burn a CD your self.