Date:      Thu, 1 Dec 2005 19:54:25 -0500
From:      Bob Johnson <fbsdlists@gmail.com>
To:        "Douglass, Erik" <EDouglass@gaylordhotels.com>
Cc:        bobo1009@mailtest1.eng.ufl.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newbie

On 12/1/05, Douglass, Erik <EDouglass@gaylordhotels.com> wrote:
> After being an Windows/Cisco IT professional for the past 7 years, I
> have decided to make the plunge over to FreeBSD on my own time.  I have
> it installed, and it is quite overwhelming.  If anyone has any
> recommendations/tips or books for acquainting one's self with FreeBSD
> with no *nix experience I would greatly appreciate them.

There are several good books that people have recommended, but keep in
mind that it is inherent in paper publishing that they will be a bit
out of date.  My recommendation is that you should refer to both the
book that seems to best meet your needs, and to the online FreeBSD
Handbook at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/

- Bob
--
  If you're a spammer, please use bobo1009@mailtest1.eng.ufl.edu