Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:50:40 -0500
From:      Dany Nativel <dany_list@natzo.com>
To:        Christophe Prevotaux <c.prevotaux@hexanet.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Via Epia CL10000 and VIA C3

My fileserver is running on a M6000 (pre-CL10000) using FreeBSD 5.2

I had some troubles compiling the kernel. The trick was to use :

- i686 in the kernel config
- i586 in the make file   (full 686 compilation cannot be used due to a
missing instruction)

But in your case I think you processor supports 686 for the compilation.

You shouldn't have a problem with 4.9 due to the older gcc (less
options) as far as compilation goes. Now you should check if the network
interface is supported.

I forgot, are you planning to run X on it ?  I didn't hear a lot of good
thing regarding XFree86 support on the CLE266.

Hope this will help.
Dany