Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 2000 05:19:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Cyrille Lefevre <root@gits.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cvs update failed

Hi,

yesterday, I cvsup'ed src-all the cvs tree in /home/ncvs.
make world failed due to a perl header error.

today, I cvsup again and this problem has been fixed as
the commitlogs/contrib says.

the problem I have, is that, when I run "cvs -t update -r RELENG_4",
I got the following message (last 4 lines) :

 -> unlink(zic/CVS/Entries.Static)
 -> unlink(zdump/CVS/Entries.Static)
 -> unlink(zic/CVS/Entries.Static)
 -> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
 -> unlink(CVS/Entries.Log)
 -> rename(CVS/Entries.Backup,CVS/Entries)
 -> unlink(CVS/Entries.Log)
cvs update: notice: main loop with CVSROOT=anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
 -> Starting server: rsh anoncvs.netbsd.org -l anoncvs cvs server
anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

what's happen ?
is the update finished or (really) aborted ?
how can I return to a safe state ?

I already cleanup sup/*/checkouts.cvs and cvsup src-all again.

Regards,

Cyrille.
--
home: mailto:clefevre@citeweb.net work: mailto:Cyrille.Lefevre@edf.fr