Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:58:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        ler@lerctr.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LinkSys wpc11v2.5 card: random shutdown?

In message: <20020405073602.GA253@lerlaptop.lerctr.org>
            Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
: * M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org> [020405 01:29]:
: > In message: <20020405072308.GA195@lerlaptop.lerctr.org>
: >             Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
: > : wi0: <WaveLAN/IEEE 802.11> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 3 flags 0x10000 slot 1 on pccard1
: > : wi0: 802.11 address: 00:06:25:01:da:49
: > : wi0: using RF:PRISM2.5 MAC:ISL3873, Firmware: 1.0 variant 3
: > :
: > : Nothing in the log when it happens :-(.
: > :
: > : (it hasn't happened today since this am, but I expect it will.).
: >
: > I'd expect to maybe a card removed event or something.  Lemme know if
: > you see something like this.  It might also be an interaction with
: > your ToPIC controller (since I haven't updated the ToPIC support in
: > -stable yet due to lack of hardware).
: Nope.  NOTHING at all.  Just random lockups.  When it does
: I glance over to the card, it has both LEDs off.  It generally was
: when I was on the network and using IMAP, but just random too.  When
: it gets into this mode, it can be minutes to hours between lockups.
:
: I've seen it happen both at my house (using a LinkSys WAP11 AP), and
: at the office (using Apple AirPort AP's).
:
: When I pull the card after one of these events, we get expected
: messages about the busy bit and other nastiness from incomplete I/O,
: and dhclient whining about not config'd devices.
:
: It was happening every few minutes around the time I posted the
: original message, now it hasn't happened since ~11:00am (CST, UTC
: -0600), in EITHER location. :-(.
:
: I hate intermittent failures. :-(.
:
: What else can I get for y'all?

Hmmm.  I hate it when that happens.  I'm using a similar card right
now, but it isn't the exact linksys card that you have.

What does pccardc dumpcis before/after this event tell you?  What does
'pccardc power 1 0' followed by a 'pccardc power 1 1' do for you?

Warner