Date:       9 May 99 22:53:40 PDT
From:      Jesus Monroy <jesus.monroy@usa.net>
To:        paul@originative.co.uk, jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [RE: Somewhat in my own defense]

paul@originative.co.uk wrote:
> =

> Journalists like two things.
> =

> 1) Ready made press releases, generally a small bit of prose that =

> makes a
> single point clearly that they can more or less cut and paste into thei=
> publication without too much work. Journalists like to minimise =

> their work
> (who doesn't).

    Jordan,

    with regard to this statement I can say this is absolutely true.
You can see my articles at:

    http://www.markshapiro.com/magsbyauth.html

And aside from an occasional interview many times I and many
journalist I know would simply take a 'news release' and =

print it verbatum.   The biggest problem is getting
verification of what a company says. So many times =

you end up saying things like:

     So-and-so claims that...

or  =

      Just release is....

    It all boils down to the same. If you write the
way you want it say, then write it that way. M$ knows
this and plays on it especially with items like
the current Mindcruft issue & RHL.

    You some perspective and opinion.

---
I am not a bot.