Date:      Tue, 8 Jul 2008 13:32:40 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Achim <nettwork@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: smbmount / smbclient : strangely varying transfer speeds

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu

On 2008-Jul-07 16:15:40 +0000, Achim <nettwork@gmx.de> wrote:
>Performance with a single client is degraded when the client is smbmount a=
nd=20
>downloading.=20
>With a second transfer in any direction, performance becomes better, to ab=
out=20
>3.5 resp. 8 MB/s depending on the second connection up- or downloading.
>Unlike smbmount, single smbclient transfers yield acceptable results.

Is this two transfers between a single server and single client or
between a single server and two clients?  In the former case, you
might like to try a transfers involving two clients or two servers
to try and identify which end is behaving oddly.

--=20
Peter Jeremy

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu

--4zI0WCX1RcnW9Hbu--