Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:18:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Keith=20Spencer?= <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
To:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Q->how to redial if dhcp allocates bad IP ???

Hi all,
I have an interesting problem for the scripting
wizards about the listserv.
Telstra in Australia has implemented ADSL and I am a
customer (my school)
I got pppoe working no sweat. BUT the ISP can allocate
randomaly an IP from 144.....  or 61... address spaces
They have an admitted issue routing 144 addresses & if
my gateway gets one the schools net access drops out
(telstra drops the connection about every 24 hrs. This
is a pain in the butt!
Q.. How can I have something a script etc fire after a
dialin has occurred to check the ip and redial until a
61.9... address is allocated?
TRICKY?
I would have no idea where to start because I come
from a windows background (coding etc) but I am a
convert to FBSD it is very cool.
TIA
Keith