Date:      Fri, 27 Sep 2002 00:41:47 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org, bmah@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Now is the time to test 4.7-RC on your Alphas..

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:08:45AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 26-Sep-2002 Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > It is that time again: please check if the 4.7-RC work on your
> > particular Alpha box. I have not yet seen (but might have missed them..)
> > .ISO for the Alpha but you can at least check if 4.7-RC builds / runs
> > on your own machine already.
> >
> > tnx
> > Wilko
> > (parttime re-alpha@)
>
> 4.7-RC1 has been on ftp.freebsd.org for quite some time now.  RC2 is
> building atm.  RC1 doesn't have any packages though.  It also has
> an FTP install available.  I'll try and make sure the RC2 announce
> is bcc'd to alpha and not just -stable.

BTW: it seems we need an entry in the 4.7 relnotes that floppy access
on Tsunami based Alphas is (still) broken:

        The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

FreeBSD 4.7-RC (DS10) #2: Wed Sep 25 23:54:17 CEST 2002

You have new mail.
ds10#mdir
bash: mdir: command not found
ds10#fdformat /dev/fd0.1440
Format 1440K floppy `/dev/fd0.1440'? (y/n): y
Processing EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE done.
Errors encountered:
Cyl Head Sect   Error
  0    0    1   no data (sector not found)
  0    1    1   no data (sector not found)
  1    0    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  1    1    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  2    0    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  2    1    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  3    0    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  3    1    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  4    0    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
  4    1    1   wrong cylinder (format mismatch)
(Further errors not printed.)

Anyone with a non-DS10 Tsunami based box tried this recently?