Date:      Mon, 08 May 2000 01:33:56 +0000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   question on Dell Latitude laptops

Hi ya,

I've just been informed that as of next month I will be getting a
laptop: "Dell Latitude CPx, 450MHx PIII, 128Mb RAM, 6.4GB HDD, 13.3
screen, FDD, CD-ROM, 10/100 Dell/3Com PC-card NIC, V90 PC-Card modem."

So, has anyone had success on installing FreeBSD 3.3 on such a beast?

Any hints, tips, tricks, gotcha's I need to be aware of?

I have 3.3 running on my current desktop (also a Dell - see the pattern
here at work? ;') And it is very very nice ;')

I'll be trawling through the PAO pages r.s.n. just to see what I need to
make allowances for there. But if anyone has some information that might
save (a) some grief, and (b) some 'face' here in a predominantly WinNT
shop ;') I'd appreciate it.

Thanks and kind regards,

Harry