Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:29:51 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Chris Byrnes <chris@jeah.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: libperl problem

Chris Byrnes wrote:

> > What are you trying to upgrade from. Some people have had to stop
> > building perl until the have a system and then build it. There is a
> > variable in your /etc/make.conf and they set it to NOPERL=true. I
> > think you can do the same thing by doing a "make -dNOPERL buildworld.
>
> 4.1.1-STABLE to 4.2.

I just finished upgrading 2 machines to what is now showing up as
4.2-release and didn't have any problems. I can let you see the log
files but that won't help you. If you were having problems with
compiling libperl, I would have expected you to see them at
4.1.1-stable.

The module pp_sys.c doesn't show up very often. What is the full text
dealing with that module.

Perl sometimes has problems if your system date is really out to
lunch. Your email is showing up pretty close to my system date, which
tracks a ntpd.

Kent

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA