Date:      Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:04:04 +0300
From:      Michael Bielicki <Michael.Bielicki@linkdesign.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Commercial vendors registry (well, kind of...)

--+v6kSLEYT3h4C6bb

Adrian, I couldn't agree more.

We are putting servers for providers. Mostly with 3.0 CURRENT because from
our experience it seems more stable and much faster than the 2.2.X RELEASE
Versions.

First thing we do is to put bash 2.0 and fvwm95 on the boxes to make it
easy for the users to work on this boxes.

Personally I run fvwm2, cause I am not very Windows knowledgeble :))

But the users love it. And with a couple of tk and expect scripts we made
the stuff userfriendly enough that even the secretary's are using it for
customer management.

Bash is very usrefriendly and if you add git every basic dos user is able to handle the system. Thank's god for the fvwm95, it brings lot's of users back
to X :))

cheers

Michael

--
                              Michael Bielicki
Link Design International Ltd.                 Buisnetco Telecommunications Ltd.

--+v6kSLEYT3h4C6bb

--+v6kSLEYT3h4C6bb--