Date:      Sat, 15 May 1999 11:36:33 +0200
From:      ALBERTO RUIZ <arr@vnet.es>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

--------------DE1CC728EFB3DDD3E2CA36DC

Dear Sirs,
        I recently bought Free BSD 3.1 from Walnut Creek, but I got some
problems in the installation:
I have a CD-ROM bootable Bios, so I booted from CD-ROM, I chose the
novice installation, I created a slice in an empty hard disk, I created
a file system, I installed the Boot MGR because I have a crap as an
operating system and I think you know what I am referring to. :-), then
I chose the X user installation type, I was asked to install DES
cryptography but I am outside the USA, so I think it is illegal to
install it outside USA, then the program started to extract the ports,
and started to install everything.
After that, I was asked some questions:
do u want to configure a SLIP/PPP network?I chose NO.
will this machine be an IP gateway?I chose NO.
Do u want to allow anonymous FTP connections to this machine?I chose NO
Do u want to configure this machine as an NFS server?I chose NO
Do u want to adjust any options of the system console?NO
do u want to configure the time?Yes, and I configures correctly
Do u have a mouse attached to your PC?No
do u want to configure the X-window system?No
Do u wish to see the ports list?No
Do u wish to create an user account?NO
I typed a root pass, I retyped it, then a window with my personal
information appeared, I filled it in.
Then , I exit install, and when it reboots, I am asked for a login and a
pass but I didnīt enter any login.
How can I make it work?Should I have created an user account?
However, I made other things, a window appeared, and I was asked for the
login, my UID was 1001, and a password, then I typed the root pass, I
retyped it, I reboot, and when I was asked for the login, I entered it ,
then the pass, and I got the same wrong message:LOGIN FAILURE
thank u very much!!!

--------------DE1CC728EFB3DDD3E2CA36DC

Dear Sirs,
3.1 from Walnut Creek, but I got some problems in the installation:
novice installation, I created a slice in an empty hard disk, I created
a file system, I installed the Boot MGR because I have a crap as an operating
system and I think you know what I am referring to. :-), then I chose the
X user installation type, I was asked to install DES cryptography but I
am outside the USA, so I think it is illegal to install it outside USA,
then the program started to extract the ports, and started to install everything.
NO
appeared, I filled it in.
and a pass but I didn&acute;t enter any login.
the login, my UID was 1001, and a password, then I typed the root pass,
I retyped it, I reboot, and when I was asked for the login, I entered it
, then the pass, and I got the same wrong message:<b>LOGIN FAILURE</b>