Date:      Sat, 24 Jun 2000 12:48:39 -0400
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kerberos IV or 5 ?

Hi all,

I was looking at configuring kerberos to run on my mail server so I started
poking around.  The first task was (is) to figure out if it was/is
installed at buildworld.  I'm guessing no, is this correct?  Looking in
/etc/make.conf, I see a line:
#MAKE_KERBEROS4= yes
Followed by an indication that there's also a version 5. So, reading up at
the MIT web site, it seems that there is now version 5, which appears to
also be in the ports tree.

I guess my question is: which is "better", "correct", or "currently most
supported"?  Uncommenting that line in make.conf and including version 4,
or installing the port for version 5?

Thanks in advance,
John