Date:      Sat, 20 Sep 2003 09:57:47 -0700
From:      "Chuck T." <freebsdfan@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   disable "what you hear" inputs on sound blaster live!

I'm working on a full duplex VoIP application and I'm having problems with
the output of my soundblaster live card wrapping around to the input.
I'm assuming this is what is called the "what you hear" input under Windoze.
Does anyone know now to mute it ?

Here are the relevant lines from dmesg:

FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: Fri Jul  4 13:56:17 PDT 2003
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> port 0xd000-0xd01f irq 10 at device 11.0 on pci0
pcm0: <Cirrus Logic CS4297B ac97 codec>

and mixer:

Mixer vol      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer pcm      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer speaker  is currently set to   0:0
Mixer line     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer mic      is currently set to  80:80
Mixer cd       is currently set to   0:0
Mixer rec      is currently set to 100:100
Mixer line1    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phin     is currently set to   0:0
Mixer phout    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer video    is currently set to   0:0
Mixer monitor  is currently set to   0:0

The record source is mic only.

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox.  Get Hotmail Extra Storage
today!  http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es