Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:57:06 +0100
From:      Andy Polyakov <appro@fy.chalmers.se>
To:        chuck@pkix.net, ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: dvd+rw-tools-5.15.4.8.5 and FreeBSD 5-current

> dvd+rw-tools-5.15.4.8.5 update, which is available for immediate
> download

I apologize for inconvenience, but it turned out that recently posted
5.15.x update has a "brown-bag" bug in "LONG WRITE IN PROGRESS" code
path and is therefore revoked from download catalog. The bug affects
Pioneer and LG (possibly some other) units, unless they're connected to
Solaris(*) machine. 5.16 update to available for immediate download at
usual location, http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/tools/.
Please, if you've downloaded 5.15.x recently, discard it and download
5.16.x instead. I can't promise that I'll be wearing a brown bag over my
head for a whole day, but I surely feel that way. A:-(

(*) This is how the bug actually slipped through: 5.15 was tested with
Pioneer unit under Solaris only. Otherwise it was tested with HP
dvd300n, HP dvd400c, Plextor PX708A and Optorite DD0203 under Linux, and
Sony DRU-510A under FreeBSD.