Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 2000 11:18:47 -0500
From:      Jeremy Hopkins <jhopkins@rtci.com>
To:        Jim Weeks <jim@siteplus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: httpd could not be started

Jim wrote something like:

> Jeremy Hopkins Scribled,
>
> > I ran into the same problem yesterday as well.  What you need to do is
> > recompile mod_ssl.  I simple did a make from
> > /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl and then
> > copy
> >
> /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl/work/apache_1.3.14/src/modules/ssl/libssl.so
> > over your existing libssl.so located at
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache/libssl.so
>
> It is worth mentioning that apache13-modssl  will probably not build unless
> Openssl is up to date.  I have had this problem.

This is true.  My openssl came up to date with my make world, so it was
overlooked when my response was drafted.  I unsafely assumed that the
user in question had also updated openssl with their upgrade.  Thanks
for noting this.

Jeremy
--
Jeremy Hopkins		- Systems Administrator - RTCI  - Cary, NC
www.rtci.com  		- jhopkins@rtci.com