Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:22:50 -0500
From:      "Scott I. Remick" <scott@sremick.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 file system troubles

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 05:50:02 -0700 (MST), Terry R. Friedrichsen wrote:

> Is anybody besides *me* having file system corruption problems with FreeBSD
> 5.3?  I've looked around on several of the mailing lists and found no men-
> tion of this.

Not the same problem as you, but I've been getting frequent ffs panics with
5.3 that I never got with 5.2.1. I didn't know the actual error at first
because I'm in X most of the time and they wouldn't appear there (system
would simply lock up). It wasn't until I started trying to update some
ports from console only that I caught the error. It only seems to happen
during periods of intense disk activity (writes?).

I have the actual error written down at home. It always causes an fsck mess
upon starting up again, which makes me nervous. There's certain tasks I
simply cannot do anymore because they're write-intensive and I know they'll
trigger the panic.