Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 16:22:02 -0800
From:      Matt Olander <matt@offmyserver.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 MySQL Performance

hey gang,

We've got a customer that is considering a network expansion while moving
from Linux to FreeBSD.

They are big users of MySQL and have been running it on Linux.

Most of the information that I've found is a bit old, but I guess my
question is if LinuxThreads should still be used or if MySQL works well
under FreeBSD using native threads.

The customer has looked at Jeremy's blog article on this issue, but this is
pretty old:
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/blog/archives/000697.html

Also, does anybody have any FreeBSD 5.3/MySQL benchmarks? I searched the
mailing lists but didn't turn up anything.

The customer is looking for some kind of validation that he'll be safe
running his database on FreeBSD.

thanks,
-matt

--