Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 12:55:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Damon Anton Permezel <dap@damon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.6-RC, Dell PowerEdge 4600, PCI boot-time bus walk

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Damon Anton Permezel wrote:

> 4.6-RC (which I am assuming is "release candidate") still doesn't
> walk the entire PCI bus and find all devices for a Dell Poweredge 4600.
>
> Below, interested parties will be able to peruse the `boot -v' results,
> followed by `scanpci -v1'.
> I have a single Qlogic F/C  card plugged into one of the PCI/X slots.

This is a bit dated but I want to put in another prod on this since it
came up recently.

What is the status of PCI-X support on FreeBSD? Does it require anything
beyond standard PCI support? If so, who's working on it? Hardware is now
out there ... :-)

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org