Date:      Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:35:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SONY SMO-C501-09 not recognized under CAM

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, J Wunsch wrote:
> As Kenneth D. Merry wrote:
> > > eisa-test# disklabel -R -r da5 foo
> > > disklabel: No space left on device
> > It's probably giving you that because you've already got a label on the
> > device and you're trying to write a new one.
>
> Well, i think that's the slice code.  ENOSPC is IMHO one of the
> one).

No slice code running on the box (if we're talking about the same slice
code).

This isn't a hardware problem because I fed the cart in question to my
library and it doesn't like it either.

I suspect fdisk may not be doing the right thing but I'll be damned if I
know what its doing wrong.

I have 0'ed out the entire disk and confirmed with 'hd' before
re-fdisking.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |