Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:36:59 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        x@Vex.Net
Subject:   Re: dspam 3 and postgresql

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:23:46 -0400
Tim Middleton <x@Vex.Net> wrote:

> I've been trying to build this thing from ports WITH_POSTGRESQL74 but
> no matter what I do it always seems to depend on mysql client  and
> install the tools.mysql
>
> I with the above switch I do see the correct message:
>
> ===>   dspam-3.0.0 depends on shared library: ecpg.4 - found
>
> But i also always see the following (incorrect?) message:
>
> ===>   dspam-3.0.0 depends on shared library: mysqlclient.12 - found

hmm, I don't see how this can happen; it's configuring OK here. After
verifying you have an up to date ports collection, please cd to
mail/dspam and send me the output of:

make showconfig
make rmconfig
make
make showconfig

> The pkg-message shows me the MYSQL messages rather than the PGSQL;
> and /usr/local/share/examples/dspam/mysql is always installed, but not
> the dspam/pgsql files.
>
> The pkg-install message talks about simply WITH_POSTGRESQL, but the
> Makefile seems to use WITH_POSTGRESQL73 and WITH_POSTGRESQL74.

Yes, this this true, I'll submit a patch this night. In the first
version of the 3.0 port there was only PG73, because there were some
reports of dspam nor working with 7.4, but it seems there where false
alarms; I'm interested in any positive / negative feedback on this.

> The Makefile looks okay to me (though my port skills are not great);
> so i'm not sure why it's not working for me.

Here too ;)

> I did however manually copied the files from tools.pgsql and set up
> the postgresql database, and it seems to be working. So apparently the
> configure flag to make dspam use postgresql was passed.

Extremely strange, I don't see how this can happen. Even if the port's
Makefile was broken, dspam's ./configure would choke on having both
mysql and pg enabled in the same time.

> The dspam_token_data table is  being updated (need to vacuum analize
> this *often* especially at first)...

True.

I'll try to update the dspam-devel port this night to
dspam-3.1.0.beta.1.1, which contains many bug-fixes since the release of
3.0.0; but first I have to make sure everything is OK, since there were
a few glitches with the SQLite part.

Of course, I would be very happy if some commiter would put it in the
ports tree.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"