Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 03:35:18 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3.1 Install trouble -- can't see SCSI CD-ROM

Darryl Okahata wrote in list.freebsd-scsi:
 > Oliver Fromme <olli@dorifer.heim3.tu-clausthal.de> wrote:
 > > I can confirm that 3.1-RELEASE and 3.1-stable cannot install
 > > from a SCSI CD-ROM drive.  This is clearly a sysinstall bug.
 >
 >      I can confirm that 3.1-RELEASE *will* install from a SCSI CDROM
 > drive.  I know -- I've done it.  Here's part of my dmesg:
 > [...]
 >      You're probably running into some issue with your SCSI controller.

As I wrote in my message, I tried it with several different
boxes with very different hardware (and different SCSI host
adapters).  So that was probably not causing the problem.

That's just what I did:  Insert kern.flp and CD-ROM #1, boot,
insert mfsroot.flp when requested.  Kernel will find the CD-
ROM drive.  Sysinstall doesn't recognize it, unless it's an
IDE CD-ROM drive.

Regards
   Oliver

--
Oliver Fromme, Leibnizstr. 18/61, 38678 Clausthal, Germany

"In jedem Stück Kohle wartet ein Diamant auf seine Geburt"
                                         (Terry Pratchett)