Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 11:00:25 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        Greg Pavelcak <gpavelcak@philos.umass.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No picture with Hauppage 404 (Bktr878)

Hi Greg,

Another case of the Bt848 driver not being able to recognise
the latest generation of cards.

> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> rev 0x02 int a irq 11 on pci0.13.0
> Hauppauge WinCast/TV, <none> tuner.

Can you run
fxtv -debug startup
and email me the results.

Can you run also boot into Windows 95 for me and
go to the driver properties and copy down all the details on the card

The Hauppauge card stores the Tuner Type in the EEPROM.
Amancio and I both decoded the Tuner Type so I'll see if I can
autodetect your card.

Cheers
Roger