Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:47:17 -0500
From:      Wayne M Barnes <wayne@etaq.com>
To:        Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dhcpd MAC filter

Dear Chuck,

   Thanks for the tip about ipfw, but I can't seem to write
an acceptable line for rc.firewall, even after reading man ipfw,
which does not show a full example.

   For instance, the following confuses ipfw when I put it
into rc.firewall:

#from man ipfw: MAC 10:20:30:40:50:60/33 any
ipfw add drop all from MAC 00:02:2d:2e:04:28 to any

    It complains that MAC is an unknown machine.

    How should I spell a firewall rule invocation that will
prevent a certain MAC serial number from getting through or to
my FreeBSD machine?

    Thank you for any further advice.

                    -- Wayne

--