Date:      Tue,  2 Mar 1999 19:14:08 -0700 (MST)
From:      "David G. Andersen" <danderse@cs.utah.edu>
To:        Doug Ambrisko <ambrisko@whistle.com>
Cc:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Oskit and 3.0?

Lo and Behold, Doug Ambrisko said:
> Julian Elischer writes:
> | we netboot elf kernels and aout kernels here..
> | check with doug ambrisko (ambrisko@whistle.com) for his netbooting stuff.
>
> It would be nice if some commiter would commit pr:
> 	[1999/01/13] ports/9480 ports    ELF kernel netboot
>
> I know one person is using is using it besides me.  Note that since then we
> have found 2 bugs in it.  One is that in my patches I forgot and
> init_serial in main and used option 131 for boot how to which was used
> for swap options.  If someone lets me know if they are going to commit
> it then I will send them the patches.

   Could you send me the patches?  If they're relevant to the OSKit
netboot kernels, I'd love to commit them here as well.

   On the subject of netboot patches, I recently patched up our
netboot to have a slightly less braindead NFS pseudo-implementation
(it enqueues multiple NFS requests on the wire at a time), and it sped
things up by about 30-40% here.  There's always that question of
relevance to the current BSD netboot, but if someone who's poking
around in FreeBSD's netboot is interested, I'd love to drop off some
patches.

> That OSKit looks interesting.

   Thank you. :-)

   -Dave