Date:      21 Nov 2001 13:25:21 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        "Lumiere" <Lumiere@nordnet.ru>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Question about how to get FreeBSD

"Lumiere" <Lumiere@nordnet.ru> writes:

> I wanted to install FreeBSD on my computer, but I can't do it: since some time ftp-site "current.freebsd.org" asks for
> some "login" and "password" ("anonymous" login doesn't work).

I can't solve that precise problem, but be sure that you've done your
reading before proceeding.  For instance, do you want the CURRENT
FreeBSD or the STABLE one?  The FreeBSD Handbook has info on this
sort of thing.  The handbook also tells you where to get the OS.
It can be found at http://www.freebsd.org

Otherwise, use the "Getting FreeBSD" link at the same site.