Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:02:15 +0200
From:      Herve Quiroz <herve.quiroz@esil.univ-mrs.fr>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ports-i386@bento.FreeBSD.org: jakarta-commons-dbcp-1.1 failed on i386 4]

Greg,

Okay, I've changed a lot of things in bsd.java.mk and it is now possible
to change easily the default JDK port. Some defaults are enforced
directly in bsd.java.mk depending on OSVERSION, and the user may enforce
his own via the PREFERRED_JAVA_PORT option...

I'll send you the patch in a few minutes.

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 05:27:53PM -0600, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > Option 3.  Specify 1.4 as a BUILD_DEPENDS and 1.4 as a RUN_DEPENDS.  Can
> > we do that with the new bsd.java.mk?  Is that a reasonable thing to do?
>
> Grr, thats 1._3_ as a RUN_DEPENDS.

I'm afraid this can't be done (at this time tough). From what we
decided, there's only one Java port dependency set and then using
JAVA_BUILD/JAVA_RUN you specify the kind of dependency.

Anyway, if you want I can try to find some way to implement such a
feature.

Herve