Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:11:37 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quick start installation

>>>>> "John" == John Fieber <jfieber@grendel.csc.smith.edu> writes:

    John> Please take a look at:
    John>   http://www.freebsd.org/How/quickstart.html

Looks great.  Comments, respectfully submitted:

*  Make the link on step number 1 (supported configurations) go right
   to the supported configurations page, instead of to `Installing
   FreeBSD'; this'll give the reader one-click access to that
   information instead of two.

*  Concern: when using dd to make a floppy from an image, you might
   need to specify the block size on some systems.  (I thought you
   needed `bs=18b' on FreeBSD as well!)  Maybe we should mention this.

*  In step five, lowercase-ize ``the'' after the comma.

*  In the first paragraph under ``If something goes wrong...'' make
   the link to supported configurations go right to supported
   configurations (just like the first bullet above).

*  In the second paragraph under ``If something goes wrong...'' the
   sentence that starts ``This is most likely to be necessary if...''
   seems a bit awkward.  How about replacing it with something like
   ``You'll need to do this if...''

*  Replace ``[more to come...]'' with substance.  :-)

I think this'll be a really nice resource for those who are impatient
or who might just want to quickly get their feet wet with FreeBSD.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Lab, Boulder Colorado USA

Too bad Lassie didn't know how to ice skate, because then if she was
in Holland on vacation in winter and someone said "Lassie, go skate
for help," she could.  -- Jack Handey