Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 14:41:43 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Are JSP and EJB just Win2k clones? Quote...

I found this quote from a javaworld article interesting.  This is an
answer to a question to a Microsoft product manager.

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2002/jw-0308-j2eenet-p2.html#sidebar1

By contrast, the J2EE specifications are just that -- specifications.
They define a small portion of a complete platform focused on
server-side application development. These specifications, such as the
JSP and EJB specifications, clone the Microsoft Windows 2000 operating
system. For example, JSP is a direct clone of Microsoft's Active Server
Pages, and EJB is a clone of some of Windows' COM+ features. J2EE is
largely a set of specifications designed to make building server-side
applications on Unix systems easier.
<<<

Is there a shred of truth to this spin, er, comment?

Note: please CC me, as I am not currently subscribed.

jm