Date:      Mon, 8 Jul 1996 11:15:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      tdl@widomaker.com (Troy)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound board question

Hi there,

OK, I know very little about sounds boards, looking at the FAQ and the
prices of the boards I have narrowed it down to either a Gravis Ultrasound
-or- a SoundBlaster 32.  The Gravis has more 'voices' but I've heard that
a sound board should follow the 'Creative Labs Specification', whatever
that is. I have no idea what all those specifications for a sound board
mean.  I plan to use this for, not only FreeBSD (Web, SCSI CD audio, MIDI,
etc..) but for, games and educational software under DOS & Widows 3.1/'95
could someone give me an idea which way I should go on this? and why?

Thanks,

-Troy-