Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 1997 22:20:27 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Libretto 50 - US Version and PAO

> >> Well, from my reading of things, yes; I can't actually see anything
> >> that the card itself could actually be using to determine where it's
> >> actually mapped.  It sounds like the configuration entries are
> >> basically junk there for the convenience of lazy DOS driver authors.
>
> Not quite.  There are two kinds of mappings, one where the pcic does all
> the work and one where the card does the work.  The latter kind should
> be used for leveling driveways with, but that is nontheless the reason
> for 80% of the CIS complexity.

Well, from looking at the current pcic driver sources I can't see how a
mapped-at-zero card could work with what we have.  That would tend to
imply to me that while they are supported by the CIS design, there
ain't too many of them around.

How far off the mark am I?  And is there a decent, non-expensive,
reference to the CIS structure anywhere?

mike