Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:03:50 +0900
From:      SHUDO Kazuyuki <shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RE: BDK and JITs (and NetBSD)

K.J. Koster wrote:

> Well, I am afraid that I must have done something wrong then. I installed
> the shujit port version 0.6.3 last night. I symlinked it into
> /usr/local/jdk1.2.2/jre/lib/i386, but I still got the JIT not found error.

I'm not sure about the reason of unsuccessful loading of the JIT compiler.
If the reason is symbol resolution failure,
the following snippet of code would help you.

=====
class LoadLibraryTest {
  private void start(String[] argv) {
    if (argv.length >= 1) {
      System.loadLibrary(argv[0]);
    }
  }

  public static void main(String[] argv) {
    new LoadLibraryTest().start(argv);
  }
}
=====

Try:
  % java LoadLibraryTest shujit
If loading of shuJIT succeed, you don't see any output.
In case of resolution failures, you'll see UnsatisfiedLinkError
and the function name which could not be resolved.

Kazuyuki SHUDO				Happy Hacking!
  Muraoka Lab., School of Sci. & Eng., Waseda Univ.