Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 02:16:20 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-STABLE <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ssh1 + openssh 1.2.2 + tcsh 6.09.00

In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0003082257500.821-100000@epsilon.lucida.qc.ca> Matt Heckaman writes:
: I completely agree, it most likely is a bug in a tcsh, and I've tried
: recompiling all things involved. The question is, what does OpenSSH's
: sshd do differently while recieving a scp from sshv1, that sshd 1.2.27
: does not do. I think if we can find tht, we can find what's causing the
: tcsh problem..

The bug is *NOT* with tcsh.  It works great.  I've been using it plus
ssh and openssh for years.  I've used lots of different versions,
including this one and have seen no problems.

Most likely this is the classic bug of having your .cshrc and/or
.login produce output when prompt isn't defined.

Warner