Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 16:00:45 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@halloran-eldar.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mountd changes

> Sure, makes perfect sense.  Just as if I said:
>
> root@khavrinen$ mount -t null /usr/local/X11R6 /mnt
> root@khavrinen$ df
> Filesystem                1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> /dev/wd0h                    127143    64985    55800    54%    /usr/local
> /usr/local/X11R6             127143    64985    55800    54%    /mnt

Hmmmm.  I guess it just seems wrong to me that you should be able to
overlay a mountpoint to no good effect, but then again I suppose
you're also right in that the "layering" paradigm (e.g. last mounted
fs wins) is at least preserved in the same way that it would be for,
say, a union mount.

Ok, upon further reflection, I stand corrected.  I guess I'll go close
that PR! :-)

					Jordan