Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 2004 17:21:05 -0400
From:      "Lee Dilkie" <lee@dilkie.com>
To:        "'Kai Grossjohann'" <kai@emptydomain.de>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: bsdpan-DB_File - missing origin

>If you do=20
>
>    perl -MCPAN -e shell
>    install DB_File
>
>then you get that port.

Okay, that is good to know. But I, personally, never did this so it must =
have been done by one of the ports I have installed. I just wonder which =
one, or rather, how one goes about discovering which one. Any ideas?

>Note that the Berkeley-DB library (from the db41 port) and the Perl
>interface thereto (DB_File) are two different things.

I installed the db41 but after that was done, i went into the perl =
subdir, fixed up config.in and ran the perl installation. I had done =
that some time ago for graphdefang ( it's not from ports but it needed =
DB_File). I would think they have the same api, but what do I know of =
perl ;)

>Kai
>
>PS: Is "thereto" correct in this context?  It seemed like a cool way
>    to make the sentence shorter ;-)

looks correct to me, but I'm an engineer and my language skills (outside =
programming languages) aren't the greatest. ;)

thanks for the help.=20

-lee