Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2000 23:41:46 +0200
From:      Iani Brankov <ian@bulinfo.net>
To:        Keeper <darko@uni-svishtov.bg>
Cc:        Freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Print Cyrilic Text

The Keeper wrote:

> Hi ...I have FreeBSD 3.4 instaled...I have and a Star LC-15Su
> Printer instaled....how can I print cyrilic text from Lynx or
> other console application like vi or ee

Generally you must create a printcap entry for your printer first and
match the code table for the printer (if it has some) to the one used
for the console.
Keep in mind that FreeBSD has support for only koi8-r and cp866 console
fonts which differ from cp856 used in Bulgaria (in DOS mode).
(see http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/printing.html)

In a second way you may use ghostscript and a2ps packages for making a
printcap filter and print in 'graphics' printer mode. This way requires
some PostScript knowledge in order to make a2ps print in cyrillic.

-iani