Date:      Mon, 02 Nov 1998 18:29:09 +0900
From:      Jun-ichiro itojun Itoh <itojun@iijlab.net>
To:        enkhyl@hayseed.net
Cc:        Brian Feldman <green@zone.syracuse.net>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPv6 in -current

>I talked to the KAME folks a while back about helping to integrate their
>work into -current. The response I received was that they were integrating
>into one of the 3.0-BETA snapshots (unsure of which one), and that any
>patches I had to bring it up to -current would be useful once that
>integration was complete. My life's been kinda turned upside down
>recently, so I've been too busy to work on this (and other things I sorta
>committed to for FreeBSD) I'm not sure of the status on their integration.
>I'd certainly be willing to help out with testing, and when my life
>settles down a bit, I might be able to help with implementation, too. I'm
>another one that would really like to see IPv6 and IPSEC in FreeBSD.

	This is itojun (the KAME team guy mentioned above).
	Sorry that I was dead silent on this thread, I was really busy
	this several weeks...

	The current status and short-term plan for "KAME on freebsd3.0" is:
	- we are doing the porting of KAME changes from 2.2.7 to 3.0-RELEASE
	- it is not yet working with "options INET6" and "options IPSEC"
	  specified
	- we'll open up our cvsup access to our repository (and probably
	  providing snapshot kit every week) when we can, at least, boot
	  INET6/IPSEC ready kernel

	We have no problem merging this into repository in freefall,
	other than the repository management issues for our side (KAME
	team will have two maintain two separate repository in sync).

	Cheers,

itojun@kame.net
itojun@itojun.org
jun-ichiro itoh