Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:58:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dual homed host

i am setting up a firewall and i have been battling with getting the damn
things to work together.. i am using sysinstall to chagne the ip addys and
the dns entries and the mask etc etc.   I set de0 up for the live ip
(internet ip from my ISP) and i set up dc0 with the dead ip (192.168.0.1
or 192.168.0.2) not sure which one i should use.  SO when i am setting up
dc0 what should i set the dns entry to?  And what should i set the gateway
to?  Can they be on the same subnet?

Info would be appreciated and yes i am already reading the handbook and
lso Greg Lehey's book as well as Oreilly's tcp/ip for netork
administrators.

Have a good weekend to all.

Regards,

G. Jason Middleton