Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:28:48 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>, David Banning <david@skytracker.ca>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getting sendmail to add Return-Path: header

> sendmail that does final delivery -- it's not something you should set
> on all of the e-mail you send out.  The machinery to handle all this
> should already be in your sendmail.cf -- if there's a line:
>
>     H?P?Return-Path: <$g>
>
> in the 'Format of Headers' section, then any delivery mailer with 'P'
> in the F= flags (which is the default for the local and prog mailers)
> will insert the Return-Path: header -- eg.
>
>     Mlocal,         P=/usr/libexec/mail.local, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qPSXfmnz9, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
>                                                              ^^^^

OK. I've got the same entries as you, but I am not getting the
Since it is mail.local or in my case procmail that reads it, it -should-
put it in before depositing it in /var/mail for pickup, shouldn't it?

I have tried compiling with the procmail option out, like yours and it
makes no difference.

My sendmail.cf shows;

Mlocal,         P=/usr/local/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=EnvFromL/Hdr
FromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u
Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoqeu9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, D
=$z:/,
                T=X-Unix/X-Unix/X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u