Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 2004 22:53:29 +0800
From:      yiyihu@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Isn't there a way to install freebsd from hard disk with only a bootable grub? (all file systems are ext3)

Hi,all,

I really want to know if there is a way to install freebsd from hard
disk. This old laptop doesn't contain a floppy drive, And I didn't get a
CD burner either. Certainly, The rubbishy computer couldn't be boot use
pxe kind of thing. I've searched google and I have done what I can do
for the result. And still no clue,So anyone here can tell me if there is
a way to install freebsd from hard disk? Grub is installed in a
seperated partition. And the grub manual says it can boot the bsd
kernel.

I am sure that it can be installed with only a bootable hard drive.I
wonder if someone can make a kernel with "tmpfs" kind of thing
supported. And a loop file contains a minimum root with bsd installer in
it.Then It can do the job.

Or maybe there is a solution like this already?
Well,thanks all for your attention!

YiyiHu