Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:14:44 +0200
From:      Alexander Maret <maret@axis.de>
To:        'Nick Hibma' <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
Cc:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: xl driver for 3Com

Hi,

What do you want to tell me with this sentence? Don't you like
to be compared with linux? Well, if the same configuration runs on
linux and not on a FreeBSD system then it can be a configuration error
or a bug. Well if there are difference people always will compare.
I compared those system to show that it can't be a hardware error because
it runs with other systems.

> FreeBSD developers do things in their spare time and they want other
> people to respect that. They want to see some investment from
> the other
> side as well to make it worthwhile.
> And if that trade off is not what
> you want, there are companies out there that solve problems for money
> (http://www.freebsd.org).

Well what do you want then? You're on the one hand whining that people don't
post bug reports and on the other hand you say: "Go away and ask other
people".
I didn't want configuration support but wanted to show that there is an
ERROR!!!

> Skipping to another card is short-term thinking. You assume
> that without
> your participation a new driver will be developed for another card, or
> another operating system will provide you with services.

You're wrong! I tried to participate but everybody just told me that I'm an
idiot. Well perhaps they're right but if nobody wants to hear my bug report
then I'll use another card. A card which driver has been better tested and
where
gifted programmers did the bug reports.

Alex