Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:25:06 +0100
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Please Help! How to STOP them...

Thanks Reko....

Just couple of more questions...

On 1/12/07, Reko Turja <reko.turja@liukuma.net> wrote:

> [...]

How to change the port from 22 to something other and in what range should I
choose a number?

Use some kind of portblocker (lots in ports tree) which closes the
> port after predetermined number of attempts - or as an alternative,
> use PF to close the port for IP's in question after predetermined
> number of connection attempts in given time.

Can you suggest such port which I should install to block these attempts?

Use key based authentication and stop using passwords altogether.

What do you mean here?

Remember to keep ssh1 disabled as well as direct root access into ssh
> from the ssh config file.

How to disable SSH1 and How to stop direct root access into ssh, where to
change?

-Reko

--
Thanks!