Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:58:11 -0600
From:      "Michael C . Wu" <keichii@iteration.net>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does your Alpha run a SMPng kernel?

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 06:13:02PM -0800, David O'Brien scribbled:
| There is some debate as to which machines can run the latest SMPng
| kernel so I'd like to take a poll.  If you can, please CVSup and then
| build a GENERIC -current kernel and see if it boots.
|
| Then if no one has emailed alpha@freebsd.org reply and give your results.
| If some one else has replied with your same type of Alpha and had the
| same results, then there is no need to reply.  But if you get a different
| result, then I'd like to know it of course.

PWS500au boots SMPng fine, the problem with cd0:isp0 not being
detect exists on this box, exactly the same error messages.
(for both Matt's 4BETA snapshot and HEAD buildworld)

FreeBSD pdp11.ece.utexas.edu 5.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT #0:
Sat Nov 11 14:56:57 CST 2000
keichii@pdp11.ece.utexas.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  alpha