Date:      Tue, 02 Jun 1998 13:56:34 +0200
From:      Stefan Eggers <seggers@semyam.dinoco.de>
To:        Matthew Hunt <mph@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        seggers@semyam.dinoco.de, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/6804

> - Do not install docs if NOPORTDOCS is defined.
> - INSTALL_MAN is literally for man pages; other docs use INSTALL_DATA.
>   As shipped, both expand to the same command, but it's a style issue.

These two items were missing in the handbook.  :-(

> PS- If you get a clarification on the licensing terms, please notify
> us so that we can remove RESTRICTED, or clarify ports/LEGAL, or whatever
> is appropriate.

Done by asking the author.  He told me it's OK to include it on
the CDs (like it gets already done somewhere else - I didn't know
that before).  We just are not allowed to charge for crafty as gets
explained in main.c of its source but I don't think anybody would
think about raising the CD sets price for now including a chess
program so we are on the safe side.

He also noted that the opening books are in the public domain.  So
they can go on the CDs which saves lots of download time to those
prefering the medium and large opening books and different para-
meters for building them than those I choose.

I think we can just remove all NO_CDROM and RESTRICTED lines from
all four ports.  I'll add a problem report for this.

Stefan.