Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2006 16:57:59 -0400
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com>, amd64@freebsd.org
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suggestions for SATA RAID cards

On 27 Aug 2006 at 12:32, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> Dan Langille writes:
>
> > One issue with installation: the port says to try
> > https://example.org/ but only http worked for me.
>
> I always use https without problems
> https://localhost:888

I think this is the answer:

 /etc/init.d/3dm2 start

      1. Open your browser and enter the URL for your system.

     For 32-bit versions of Linux, use https://localhost:888/

     For 64-bit versions of Linux, use: http://localhost:888/

That's from /usr/local/share/3dm2/en/TOC.html

> Or more commonly.. create a tunnel from another machine to the machine with
> the controller. First thing I do with a new machine with this port is to
> only allow connections from localhost and change the passwords.

I see how to specify the port, but not the IP address for the http
interface, so it appears only solution is firewalling it off.

--
Dan Langille : Software Developer looking for work
my resume: http://www.freebsddiary.org/dan_langille.php