Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 1995 01:18:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Smith, Bryan Jon" <ind00237@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ind00237@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Subject:   Interested end-user, differences between Linux & FreeBSD

Hello.  I'm currently a user of Linux (kernel 1.1.59/Slackware 2.1.0
distribution to be exact).  I'm wondering, what differences exist between
Linux and FreeBSD.  These differences include:

1.)	Available software, including binaries from other systems/OSes.
2.)	Licensing agreements.
3.)	Developement.

I'd appreciate any light you could shed on these differences.  For now,
I'm happy running Linux.  But I am quite interested in running a copy of
FreeBSD in addition.  Thanx.

--- Smith, Bryan Jon -------------- ind00237@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu ---------
|	1006 Teague Court	|	BSEE Undergraduate		|
|	Oviedo, FL  32765-7002	|	University of Central Florida	|
|	(407) 365-4693		|	Orlando, FL  USA		|
|   This is brain, X-Windows; this is your brain on drugs, DOS/Windows	|