Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:16:30 -0700
From:      Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
To:        "William C. Testermann" <testermann@earthlink.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's ISO ReadMe?

On Thursday, Apr 24, 2003, at 22:04 US/Pacific, William C. Testermann
wrote:

> I am seriously considering switching my Slackware gateway, and
> workstation over to FreeBSD... I've been wanting to try it for a long
> time... I want to test it on this computer I have and want to know
> what all ISO's
>  I should make? there is 4 iso's and a mini, my assumption is at least
> two of these are source; however I'm not sure... any one got a clue?

This is documented somewhere; I believe the Installation portion of the
Handbook.  Anyway, you need disk1 if you're going to do a base install
from CD, or you can use mini to boot from CD and install via FTP.
Everything else is source and packages etc.

KeS