Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:10:24 -0600
From:      Lucas Bergman <lucas@fivesight.com>
To:        "shn" <shn@shnonline.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Windows Boot Menu

> When installing FreeBSD on a system I want to dual boot with
> windows. I wanted to know if FreeBSD wipes the MBR and puts its own
> boot menu in thereby removing the windows boot menu and not allowing
> me to boot into windows.

FreeBSD wipes your MBR if and only if you ask it to do so during
installation.  If you do, then it installs a bootloader program which
will allow you to boot from any disk slice you please, including the
one with Windows on it.

See

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-steps.html

Welcome to FreeBSD.

> [ ... ]

Many (most?) of us don't have HTML-aware mail clients.  Please don't
do that.

Lucas